High yield precision sizing mills provide optimal product for your application
Ludman Industries builds high accuracy, high yield sizing mills for an array of applications. Moreover, our granulators are modular units, utilizing two counter-rotating hammer-forged rolls to sheer product to size.
Ludman Granulator Rolls are custom cut for each application to ensure the tightest PSD possible. In addition, Ludman's Allis-Cut Rolls produce optimal, tightly sized product, as a result of the relationship between roll sheer and impact on the product.
Meanwhile, our granulators adapt to volumetric sizing applications:
- Single-high precision grinding mill
- Two-high precision grinding mill
- Three-high precision grinding mill
- Four-high precision grinding mill
Likewise, the Roll Crusher or Granulator is a common size reduction unit, which can successfully process a variety of materials. Additionally, the differential speed of smooth or corrugated rolls permits the production of a narrow range of particle sizes with a minimum of objectionable oversize and under-size particles.
Superior Crushing Methods
Therefore, Roll Crushers or Granulators are far superior and more efficient than Chain Mills, Hammer Mills, Cage Mills and others. Moreover, the Bell Shaped Curve tells the story:
To illustrate, we've designed our roll crusher for a gradual size reduction in one, two, or three stages per unit, depending upon the ratio of feed size to desired finished product size. However, with proper selection of roll speed and differential, roll separating force, roll clearance, and number and type of corrugations, the roll crusher may be arranged to granulate, grind, pulverize, crack, crumble, or fracture an unlimited number of materials, chemicals, minerals, and plastics.
Moreover, Style N roll crushers utilize two types of corrugated circle chill rolls, Longitudinal and LePage. Additionally, rolls can be run at the same or at differential speeds.
- Longitudinal Rolls are available with straight or spiral cuts, or with a combination of both. They provide a cutting, shearing, tearing, or compounding action for the processing of materials.
- LePage Rolls are available with a combination of longitudinal corrugations on one roll and circumferential-cut corrugations on the opposing roll, also with any one of a number of corrugations cut at varying degrees of spiral.
- 9 Inch to 30 Inch Diameter Rolls
- 12 Inch to 60 Inch Roll Face Length
- Available with 1, 2, or 3 Pairs of Rolls
- Throughput Up to 35 Tons/Hour
- Up to 50 HP Drives
- Roll Differential Speeds to 2:1
In conclusion, our granulators or roll crushers help you to achieve superior product and higher yield.
Lastly, check out our flake breakers to learn more about how they will improve your system.